Regularly ranked in the Top 100 in the charts and with over 440 episodes, the EDGE Podcast brings you an intimate glimpse into the lives of high-achieving, world-class performers who have all excelled in their field. They bring you first-hand experiences, lessons learned and offer their playbook they've employed to get them to the top and keep them there.
Hosting every conversation is Brandon White, an entrepreneur with two exits (so far), lots of strikeouts, former VC, angel investor and genuinely curious person who shares his lessons learned from over two decades of successes and failures in the trenches as an entrepreneur, athlete, and human.
Drop in on the conversation weekly and grab your edge!
Previous Guests on EDGE
The show features guests from all walks of life that offer you different angles on how to get a winning edge.
Previous guests include successful entrepreneurs, authors, Emmy Award winners, scientists, explorers, Navy SEALS, venture capitalists, angel investors, professional and amateur athletes, artists and other seemingly ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
A sample of previous guests:
🎙️ Steve Case, Co_Founder of AOL and one of America’s best-known entrepreneurs, Ep. 446
Brandon is an entrepreneur with two exists (so far), lots of strikeouts, angel investor, former venture capitalist, and worked in Marketing at America Online.
Brandon started his professional career in technology as a pioneer on the Internet in 1996 as the Founder/CEO of Worldwide Angler, Inc. Worldwide Angler was recognized as the number one social networking and e-commerce site for sport fisherman on the internet. He bought the company back from the investors in 2001 and led it to a successful exit a decade later to VerticalScope (FORA.TO).
He lives Half Moon Bay, CA with his wife and dogs, is the Founder of FileFinder and angel investor.
When not at the mic or keyboard you can find him zipping up and down the California coast on his road bike .
* MBA from the UNC, Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
* Masters in Psychology from Washington College (Psi Chi National Honor Society)
* BA in Psychology from Washington College (President of the Psi Chi National Honor Society, Honors Thesis, NCAA Sports Writer Scholarship)
* Post Graduate work at Stanford University.
* Certified Expert Tiny Habits Coach - B.J. Fogg
* Marine Ventures Foundation (2001- present) - Board Member
* Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (2022- present) - Chairman, City of Half Moon Bay, CA
* Outdoor Writers Association on America (1996- present) - Member
* Maryland Sport Fish Advisory Commission (2009-2013) - Commissioner, appointed by the Governor of Maryland
* US Patent Holder
* Academic Published Author - Navy Post Graduate School
* A Changing Delta - Short Film, Aired on PBS, Film Festival Nominated, Producer, watch for free here
* Keeping Country - Short Film, Film Festival Nominated, Producer, watch for free here
Latest Biking Accomplishments
* Grand Fondo & Century Finishes:
- Death Ride, Tour of the California Alps (14,000' of climbing, 103 miles, over six (6) HC Alpine climbs)(California)
- Garrett County Diabolical Double (126.2 miles over 16,500 feet of climbing)(Maryland)
- Levi's Gran Fondo (Growler, 137.95 miles over 13,604 feet of climbing)(California)
- Terrible Two (200k, 121 miles over 11,284 feet of climbing) (California)
- Jensie Gran Fondo (California)
- Wine Country Century (California)
- Seagull Century (Maryland, 5 times)
- and many others...
EDGE comes to you from its recording studio in Half Moon Bay, CA.
The studio is a custom built recording studio that can accommodate up to three in studio guests.
For those interested in the studio build and how we run the show:
The walls are insulated with Rockwool Safe'n'Sound Stone Wool Insulation.
Over the insulation the whole studio is wrapped with Audimute Peacemaker® Sound Barrier - 3.2MM
Drywall sits over the Peacemaker sound barrier.
The entire back wall behind where Brandon records solo is covered with Audimute Strata.
All the other walls have custom printed Audimute Acoustic Panels.
Sliding glass doors allow for light when Brandon is working and not recording. The sliding doors have a removable Audimute Sound Absorption Sheets.
The floor is sealed and then covered in felt, on top of that is wool carpet to dampen the sound. Under the guest recording table is a bison skin to further dampen sound.
Mic’s: Rode Procasters
Mic arms: Rode PSA1
Mixer: Rodcaster Pro
In studio guest recording table:
Custom built, reclaimed redwood from the Santa Cruz Mountains.
Phase I sanding done by Brandon, Phase II/final and coating done by John Sewart, burned art by Helen Sewart of Coastal Wood Designs.
Studio outdoor sign: Custom by Coastal Wood Designs
Editing: Dolby Post Processing, General editing done with GarageBand, The EDGE's Professional Editor uses several other tools.
Remote recordings: Riverside
Webcam: Logitech BCC950
Got a question, press inquiry or idea you'd like to share? Contact us through the form below and let us know how we can help.