The health benefits of using the sauna regularly have long been believed by people in Finland . Many use the sauna daily as a part of their everyday life. They feel better and live happier and longer lives.
Until the last decade or so the research on sauna bathing has been limited to studies with small subject sizes. Recently some larger, more in depth, studies have been done that point to real benefits of using the sauna on a regular basis. Sauna Benefits include:
- Improved cardiovascular health.
- Reduced risk of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Improvements in pain and range of motion in people with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Decreased chronic pain for people with conditions like fibromyalgia and low back pain.
- Improvement in depression symptoms.
- Reduced risk of developing psychosis
- Improved skin health.
- Weight loss.
- Relaxation and stress relief.
We explore these sauna benefits.
NOTE Sauna use is not without risks. It's important to talk to your doctor before using a sauna.
Sauna bathing studies:
- Sauna bathing is associated with reduced cardiovascular mortality and improves risk prediction in men and women: a prospective cohort study
- Altered brown fat thermoregulation and enhanced cold-induced thermogenesis in young, healthy, winter-swimming men”
- Endocrine Effects of Repeated Hot Thermal Stress and Cold Water Immersion in Young Adult Men
- Clinical Effects of Regular Dry Sauna Bathing: A Systematic Review
- Efficacy of Regular Sauna Bathing for Chronic Tension-Type Headache: A Randomized Controlled Study
CONNECT WITH US
- Claim Your Weekly EDGE Newsletter. It's FREE!
Weekly email written by Brandon with insights that give you an edge to win.
Over 17,200 listeners and counting!
LISTEN TO ANOTHER ONE OF EDGE PODCAST'S 440+ EPISODES ON
- Founder Stories
- How to Write a Business Plan
- Health and Fitness
- Peak Performance
- How to Build a Pitch Deck
- Venture Capital
- 401k Plan
OTHER GREAT PODCASTS YOU'LL ENJOY FROM THE BEST PODCASTS NETWORK
- On Business Podcast
Honest conversations about running a successful company. For business owners looking to elevate their game and increase revenues
- MARKETING Podcast
Marketing science, case studies that reveal successful marketing techniques and teach strategic marketing analysis where we model the data and turn it into financial forecasts so you have predictable revenue
- 401k Plans Podcast
The 401k Podcast explains everything business owners need to know to set up their company's 401k retirement savings plans, run their 401k plan efficiently, and maximize your 401k savings.
- Car Accident Lawyer Podcast
Featuring the best lawyers in the country to give advice on what you should do if you are a victim of being injured in a car accident that is not your fault.
EDGE is a Top podcast for entrepreneurs...
Also In Season 1
Best Drinking Water on World Water Day with Taylor O’Neil CEO of Richard’s Rainwater
How I’m Using My Roots to Help Others Ease Their Pain with Dr. Brigitte Rozenburg - Chiropractor and Founder of Mineralgia | Ep. 235Dr. Rozenberg is a renowned Chiropractor. Learn tips on pain relief and how Dr.
What Software To Use to Run Your Businesses Part 2 - Coffee with Danielle talking what software we use for our businesses | Ep. 174This week is Part 2 where we talk about what software we use to run our business